Monday, August 5, 2013

Bombshell Swimsuit

Have you seen this wonderful pattern yet? It was created by Heather Lou of Closet Case Files. It's a dream to stitch up and makes you feel like a fabulous pinup. This is View B.



I made absolutely ZERO pattern changes, which never happens to me. My plan was that this would be my test run. It fit so well when I finished, though, I wore it straight out to the pool.  If you follow me on instagram, you got a wee peek on Saturday.



I have never sewn a swimsuit in my life, and I expected this to be a real bear. Dare I even say the words, but it was EASY! Heather Lou's directions are fantastic and she also has a sewalong on her blog with even more information. I have every intention of stitching up the other two versions. 

I had so much fun sewing this swimsuit that I felt positively gleeful when I put it on. As any woman knows, that's a rare statement, especially when it comes to swimsuits. I couldn't wait to wear it out and about and share it with you, of course! I love that sewing can make you feel exhilarated about what you put on your body. 

I tip my hat to you, Heather Lou. 

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! That color green is stunning. This pattern is so amazing, I love every single one that pops up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I agree - I've loved seeing everyone's versions of this one!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! It was a way easier stitch than I expected. I say you give it a go for yourself!

      Delete
  3. Such cute photos! You look great, the color and fit are perfect. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful suit and lovely photos! You look great in green! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Becca! I loved your version with the print/solid mixture.

      Delete
  5. Great job, love the cut and fit, and yes i agree, its is fun to make swimwear.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I've been eyeing this pattern. My friend and I want to tackle it soon. Everyone looks good in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! You should definitely give it a go!

      Delete
  7. Looks great, been want to make one like this, my fabric is almost the same color. Looks like a great swimming hole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Misty! It's a great color. Yes, this is Hamilton Pool just outside Austin. It's a beautiful spot to cool off!

      Delete
  8. So cool! I just found your site via the MadMen sew along. I recognise Hamilton Pool! I live in Austin and am an avid sewer too, but don't have a blog. Nice to meet you!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona! Thank you so much! I always love meeting other Austin sewers. You should come to our sewing meetup. There's one coming up Aug 24: http://www.meetup.com/sewingwithstyle/events/125104362/

      Delete
  9. You look great.... Loved your bombshell. I'm just currently stitching mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I can't wait to see it!

      Delete