Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Liberty and Wool Teddy Bear

I have very exciting tidings - my nephew was born!! Lukas is absolutely perfect, and I am over the moon at being an auntie. If you follow me on Instagram, you got a peek of the little munchkin as we were relaxing after supper one evening.



I've sewn all sorts of odds and ends for Lukas as we prepared for his arrival, like the bunting above. Today I thought I'd share with you Lukas' teddy! I made him with a kit and instructions from Purl Bee.




Isn't he just darling? I've only sewn small 3d objects before, so this was a bit of an undertaking. It's made with a mixture of hand and machine stitches. The instructions from Purl Bee are very clear, which helped a lot. He's just waiting for Lukas to hug him tight!


Before I leave you, I have to share a picture of Lukas' room. My brother and sister-in-law decided to go with a book theme and each selected some of their favorite childhood stories. The Peter Pan wall is by far my favorite.


The text says, "Second star to the right and straight on till morning." I helped to paint the stripes and lay the groundwork, and a dear friend of their's did the artwork using a projector. It's just magical! 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is one lucky boy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Kelly! We feel pretty lucky to have him. :0)

      Delete
  2. Super cute. Congrats! The teddy is great and it's super rare to see a peter pan room. Love it!

    ReplyDelete