For some reason, I really struggled with the construction of the button plackets. After four tries, I figured it out, but I realized later I had still botched it up a bit. I placed the buttons on the front and and buttonholes on the back, when it should have been the other way around. Functionally it's fine, but asthetically it looks a bit better the other way.
I chose to do a lining on the bodice front and selected a baby blue cotton for the fabric. It made for a really nice finish on the inside. If you saw Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage's overalls in July, our buttons are almost a complete match!
The truck is a 1949 pickup my brother has restored. It's the perfect era to match the overalls. He also has a keg for a gas tank, which is so neat!
And lookie! My socks are sewing themed!
I really liked this pattern, and will likely give a few other variations of it a try at some point. A shorter version for a summer romper would be great, and trousers would be so fun!
Happy Veteran's Day to all of you, and thank you so much for your service!