Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Me-Made May 2014 Part 2

We did it!! Me-Made May is officially complete! I loved having the sewing community with me each morning as I set off for the day, and it was so fun to get to be a part of everyone else's day in a small way.

These photos are especially fun to watch Oxford's progression from interest and excitement to boredom and exhaustion. I particularly enjoyed his look of, "Why are we still doing this." on the 26th and the yawn at the very end. Silly pup!

Day 16, Pattern Unknown! I made this about 10 years ago and can't remember!

Day 17, Newly made dirndl skirt



Day 20, Laverne-Style Coco and the dirndl skirt again











Day 31, New Look 6587

I don't know about you, but I just feel so right and good and me when I wear something I have put my imagination and time into creating. After a month of wearing handmades, I'm more energized than ever to keep on sewing my own clothes. I heard a wonderful quote from the dressmaker in the BBC show "The Paradise" that I thought was spot on,

"A dressmaker, a real dressmaker, an artist, he needs to know flawless stitching, how to cut finely, he has to have a delicate eye. But more than anything else, he needs to know people. A woman will love her dress because it was made to fit her character, not just her body. " 
- "The Paradise" 

Hear, hear! Tell me, how did Me-Made May go for you?

12 comments:

  1. that is an absolutely beautiful quote and just melts my heart. Also how cute is Oxford! And finally I swoon over the bumblebee dress. It's a dream :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the quote great?! I stopped watching, rewinded, and immediately set to typing it down. It's so true.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous month! I couldn't fully participate because I was away so much, but the funny thing is that the "let's put on something I made" mindset seems to have taken over because I'm still thinking like that every morning! I'm going to keep riding this wave as long as I can...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's happening to me, too! A month is definitely enough time to form a habit. It's going to feel really weird when I wear my first RTW outfit in awhile...

      Delete
  3. I just love seeing all of your gorgeous outfits, Lauren!! I didn't participate as I didn't think it was much of a stretch for me as I wear my me made clothing everyday, but it is cool to document it and show how we wear our handmade clothing everyday. It sure has been fun seeing your daily me mades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! That's wonderful that you have so many me-mades. I can't wait for the day when that's the case for me!

      Delete
  4. You are so cute and your clothes are wonderful - thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on me-made-may success!! i totally get that feeling of happiness that comes from wearing something made by your own self. what a lovely quote! (also, your dog is the most adorable! eeee that face!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tehehe, I will pass along the compliments to Oxford. I sent my mom a picture of him this morning and she said, "Gosh. He's so human it's scary." I am quite sure he appreciates virtual admiration! Tehehe.

      Delete
  6. I totally know what you mean about feeling energised. So many of me me mades look and feel great because they are made for me. I can not wait to add some more handmade items to my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It looks like you had a successful me-made May, too! I love that Vogue 8827.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.