Bow Detail from May 1943Aren't these bows just darling? I love that the detail at the neckline is mimicked at the pockets.
Recreate this look:
- The kimono sleeves on this cover girl's dress remind me of Vogue 8811. It would just require a bit of work with your French curve ruler to deepen the "u"-shape. See my Vogue 8811.
- For the pockets, How to Make Shaped and Lined Patch Pockets from By Gum by Golly. The shape in Tasha's tutorial is almost exactly the same as the one pictured above!
- For the bows, a Simple Machine Sewing Applique tutorial from Sew Mama Sew should do the trick.
- For the belt, How to Make a Fabric-Covered Belt from Casey's Elegant Musings.
Beachside Tunic from May 1954
Gollies, don't you just want to go wherever she is? I'm sure that's especially the case for all of you still caught in throes of winter. This model is described as wearing a "candy-striped tunic" over black swimsuit.
Recreate this Look
- For the tunic, Pauline Alice's new Carme blouse. Have you seen this yet? I love the pin tuck details, and the classic style Pauline puts into all her patterns.
- I can't tell the details of that swimsuit underneath, but you can't go wrong with the Bombshell Swimsuit pattern from Closet Case Files. See my bombshell swimsuit.
Blue Suit from February 1960
I love everything about this photo. All this matchy-matchyness is just perfection.