Thursday, May 15, 2014

Me-Made May 2014 Part 1

It's Me-Made May! This is my first time participating, and I am having so much fun. It really is a great way to make new sewing friends, discover gaps in your handmade wardrobe, and see how sewers incorporate handmade into their daily life. 

If you're not familiar with the practice, the idea is to make a pledge to wear your handmade garments for as many days as you like for the month of May. I originally pledged four days a week, mostly because I wasn't sure what I'd be getting myself into, but it's been so wonderful I've been participating every day! 

So far this month, I spent lots of days at work, went to some parties for Pattern Review Weekend, took a business trip to Minneapolis, did a fancy brunch with my family for Mama's Day, and spent 2 days at home lazing about with Oxford and sewing. So without further ado, here is my daily handmade style for the first half of May. So many selfies! 
Day 4, Wiksten Tank
Day 6, Colette Sorbetto (unblogged)
Day 10, Wiksten Tank

You can watch the rest of the month unfold on Instagram.  Are you enjoying Me-Made May, whether you're playing along or just a spectator? 

21 comments:

  1. i love your facial expressions as much as i love your me mades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah. I'm finding me-made may is really stretching starting to stretch my range of faces. I keep trying to come up with new ones!

      Delete
  2. This is my first year participating as well and I'm having so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've so enjoyed your Instagram feed lately, too!

      Delete
  3. What a varied wardrobe you've got going on!! I really love your tulle skirt with the button down- great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! That tulle skirt is always so fun to wear. Like I'm playing big-girl dress up.

      Delete
  4. Love the cigarette pants and Breton shirt, which is what I wear 95% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gal after my own heart! I am obsessed with stripes. I think the only thing that's not true to life in these photos is that I tend to repeat makes I love much more frequently, but I figured that'd get pretty boring for you guys looking on!

      Delete
  5. I just love each and every one of your outfits! So darn pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaww all your lovely smiling pictures make me so happy! they are really pretty (and you are inspiring me to track down a great atomic print!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That atomic print is super fun. My sister-in-law loved it so much she insisted I buy extra to make her a dress. It's a favorite!

      Delete
  7. I am loving this year's MMM. I am always in something I made, as no other stuff fits me anymore. I'm just not interested in taking pictures of me this May (just not feeling the selfie love), so I'm playing along at home. I love seeing what you really wear from day to day; that Wikstein tank is lookin' pretty appealing to me (and my deep pile of novelty cottons).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wiksten tank is great! The style of it is so relaxed and comfortable, and you're totally right about being able to use a pile of novelty cottons. That's why it appealed to me!

      Delete
  8. I love all your creations! Especially that BUtterick 8576! And that PUP!! lol. I tried to do twice a week, but I haven't been keeping up -- even though I have the clothes. I just have nowhere to go right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy Jeanne! I've definitely noticed it's harder on the days I'm just around the house. That's when those Wiksten tanks have come in handy!

      Delete
  9. Loving following this on a Instagram! I love your style so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so many adorable outfits! i love so many of them - like that tulle skirt and the atomic print skirt! awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I think one of the things I realized through Me-Made May is I could use some more skirts like that. They're so easy to mix and match!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.